Skip to main content (Press Enter).
Air University (AU)
Air University (AU)
Search Air University:
Search Air University:
Air University Commander
Command & Leadership
The Board of Visitors
Maxwell AFB Home Page
Health Care Services
Lodging, Family, Food, Sports & Fitness
Air University Home Page
AF MAJCOM News
Air University TV
Air University History Moments
Air Force TV
Doctrine Development and Education
Curtis E. LeMay Center for Doctrine Development and Education
Thomas N. Barnes Center for Enlisted Education
--Community College of the Air Force
--Airman Leadership School
--Air Force Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Academy
--USAF Chief Master Sergeant Leadership Course
--Air Force Career Development Academy
--Air Force Enlisted Heritage Research Institute
--Enlisted PME Instructor Course
--USAF First Sergeant Academy
Squadron Officer School
Air Command and Staff College
Air War College
eSchool of Graduate PME
Air Force Cyber College
International Officer School
School of Advanced Air and Space Studies
Air Force Fellows
Officer Accessions and Citizen Development
Jeanne M. Holm Center for Officer Accessions & Citizen Development
--Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps
--Air Force Junior Reserve Officer Training Corp
--Officer Training School
Ira C. Eaker Center for Professional Development
--Air Force Chaplain Corps College
--Defense Financial Management & Comptroller School
--Force Support Professional Development School
Air Force Culture and Language Center
Air Force Institute of Technology
Air University Distance Learning
Air University eSchool of Graduate PME
AU-ABC Program for Bachelor Degrees
Air University Blackboard Login
Air University Canvas Login
Air University Portal (CaC Required)
Air University Educational Support Services
Air University Teaching and Learning Center
Air University Numbered Texts
Air University Press Bookstore
Air University Integration Cell
Air University Transcript Request
Air University SharePoint (CaC Required)
Air Force Distance Learning
Air Force Libraries (.mil)
Air Force E-Learning (ADLS) (.mil)
Air Force Virtual Education Center (AFVEC)
Culture and Language Course
General Education Mobile (GEM)
Electronic WAPS Online Reference Library Database (eWORLD)(CaC Required)
Air University Press
Air and Space Power Journal
--Africa and Francophonie
Journal of Indo-Pacific Affairs (JIPA)
Strategic Studies Quarterly
Air University Foundation
Air Force Negotiation Center
China Aerospace Studies Institute
ISR Research Task Force
Muir S. Fairchild Research Information Center
USAF Center for Strategic Deterrence Studies
USAF Center for Strategic Leadership Communication
USAF Center for Strategy and Technology
Military Education Research Library Network
Research Search Engines
Subject Research Guides
Air Force Historical Research Agency
Air University Research
Command and Leadership
BRIGADIER GENERAL JEREMY T. SLOANE
Brig. Gen. Jeremy T. Sloane is Commandant, Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala. The Air War College is the Air Force’s senior professional military education institution, providing post-graduate senior leader development programs focused on joint, multinational, multi-agency warfighting and international security operations, air, space and cyberspace force strategy development and national security planning.
General Sloane graduated from the U.S. Air Force Academy in 1992 with a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering. He earned his pilot wings at Columbus AFB, Miss., in 1996 and completed the F-16 Initial Qualification Course at Luke AFB, Ariz., in 1997. He has held a variety of F-16 flying assignments to include U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds Operations Officer, Operations Support Squadron Commander, Deputy Operations Group Commander, Vice Wing Commander and 8th Fighter Wing Commander, Kunsan Air Base, South Korea. General Sloane also served on the Joint Staff as the Broader Middle East Division Chief, Operations Directorate (J3), where he led a sensitive coordination and planning effort regularly reviewed by the Chairman and Secretary of Defense. Prior to his current assignment, General Sloane served as Vice Director of Operations for North American Aerospace Defense Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
General Sloane is a command pilot with more than 2,500 flying hours in the F-16, T-37
T-38, including 235 combat
in Operations Northern Watch, Southern Watch, Joint Guard and Allied Force.
1992 Bachelor of Science, engineering, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1998 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Master of Science, Aeronautics, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Fla.
2004 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2011 Master of Strategic Studies, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Leadership Enhancement Program, Center for Creative Leadership, University of North Carolina, Greensboro
1. June 1992 – October 1995, Project Manager, Advanced Radiation Detection Unit, Defense Support Program, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
2. November 1995 – January 1997, student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, then Student, Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals, 49th Flying Training Wing, Columbus AFB, Miss.
3. February 1997 – October 1997, student, F-16 Replacement Training Unit, 56th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB, Ariz.
4. November 1997 – September 2000, Chief of Plans and F-16 Flight Lead, 23d Fighter Squadron, Spangdahlem AB, Germany
5. October 2000 – May 2001, Chief of Plans and F-16 Instructor Pilot, 308th Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
6. June 2001 – July 2002, Flight Commander and F-16 Instructor Pilot, 62d Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
7. August 2002 – August 2003, Chief, Wing Weapons and F-16 Instructor Pilot, 56th Operations Support Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
8. September 2003 – October 2004, Assistant Operations Officer and F-16 Flight Evaluator, 62d Fighter Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
9. November 2004 – March 2007, Operations Officer and F-16 Instructor Pilot, USAF Aerial Demonstration Squadron "Thunderbirds," Nellis AFB, Nev.
10. April 2007 – January 2008, Operations Officer, 34th Fighter Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
11. February 2008 – June 2010, Commander, 388th Operations Support Squadron, and Deputy Commander, 388th Operations Group, Hill AFB, Utah
12. July 2010 – May 2011, student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
13. June 2011 – May 2012, Operations Officer, PACOM Division, Deputy Directorate for Regional Operations (J3), Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
14. June 2012 – June 2013, Chief, Broader Middle East Division, Deputy Directorate for Regional Operations (J3), Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
15. July 2013 – April 2015, Vice Commander, 56th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB, Ariz.
16. May 2015 – May 2016, Commander, 8th Fighter Wing, Kunsan AB, South Korea
17. June 2016 – June 2017, Vice Director of Operations, North American Aerospace Defense Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
18. June 2017 – present, Commandant, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. June 2011 – May 2012, Operations Officer, PACOM Division, Deputy Directorate for Regional Operations (J3), Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
2. June 2012 – July 2013, Chief, Broader Middle East Division, Deputy Directorate for Regional Operations (J3), Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
3. June 2016 – June 2017, Vice Director of Operations, North American Aerospace Defense Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
Rating: command pilot
Flight hours: more than 2,500 hours, with 235 combat hours
: F-16 (Block 20/30/40/50), T-38 and T-37
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Army Commendation Medal
Republic of Korea Order of National Security Merit (Samil Medal)
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 27, 1992
First Lieutenant May 27, 1994
Captain May 27, 1996
Major Jan 1, 2003
Lieutenant Colonel Sep 1, 2007
Colonel Jun 1, 2012
Brigadier General May 2, 2018
(Current as of May 2018)
55 LeMay Plaza South
Maxwell AFB, AL 36112-6335
Connect with AU
RT @AETCommand: Our team will be getting a little bigger on Oct. 1, 2018 as @HollomanAFB officially will be realigned under @AETCommand an…
RT @AETCommand: #ASC18 is wrapping up today - great team effort across the First Command to highlight our mission of recruiting, training a…
RT @SecAFOfficial: The #AirForce We Need, begins with resilient and ready #Airmen. #ASC18 #CMSAF https://t.co/ogfN6Xtn2V https://t.co/kyCJ…
@HQAirUniversity Command Chief, CMSgt Todd Simmons with Enlisted Education experts talking Enlisted Professional Mi… https://t.co/12EBNvcQ97
RT @AETCommand: If you’re here at the @AirForceAssoc #ASC18, make sure you stop by the @HQAirUniversity booth to see how they execute the f…
RT @AETCommand: The #FirstCommand wishes a Happy 71st Birthday to the United States Air Force! We may be 71 years old but we’re training #…
RT @usairforce: Today we celebrate 71 years as the world's greatest #AIRPOWER! #Birthday #AFBDay https://t.co/VOY8ixMUlO
RT @AETCommand: Great first day so far at #ASC18! @SecAFOfficial started off the day talking about the "Air Force We Need" & said "Our ope…
RT @mgmwerx: Congratulations to all the DoD 2018 Research and Education Awards to Minority-Serving Institutions winners! Especially those i…
Stop by the Air University booth 708 if you are at #ASC18. #aetc @usairforce https://t.co/0gfojngzpq
2018 AFA Air, Space & Cyber Conference-Live https://t.co/7xxg8fAGTn #asc18 #AIRPOWER https://t.co/5Vys3NQzMT
The @AFCLC Language Enabled Airman Program at @HQAirUniversity provides a path to success as and Air Force Officer… https://t.co/eIBMJ2rbaI
RT @AFCLC: ‘I would not be an Air Force officer if it wasn’t for LEAP’ https://t.co/8HkFv876eV https://t.co/UGn6KqVguz
The Cyber Threat is a real global issue. Our faculty are on it! #cybersecurity @AFCYBERCOLLEGE @usairforce https://t.co/iSu8w73GYi
#Leadership at the 2018 Senior Enlisted Statesman Forum. @US_Stratcom #CMSAF https://t.co/VlsCSJOdHS
Everyone can benefit from breaking long-held paradigms. @AETCommand Commander Lt Gen Steven Kwast helps us underst… https://t.co/mNfMb2txUu
@AFWERX is looking for new ideas for their #AFWERXChallenge. #innovation https://t.co/TJIQiVoBGi
“We are facing a rapidly innovating adversary who is challenging us, and we have to be willing to accept more risk… https://t.co/1NtvXtJrhU
RT @usairforce: How does a #USAF squadron compete, deter and win? Find out from @SecAFOfficial herself: https://t.co/9BHJBTY9xb https://t.c…
“I need graduates of this institution to understand the business of joint warfare, and to look at how to optimize w… https://t.co/bdPuHSsJ13
Air Force Social Media Guide (PDF)
USAF Social Media Sites